- Tonight I almost had an entire bag of hard candies. The coffee flavoured kind, with chocolate filling. I know it’s definitely not the healthiest thing to do but I needed something and I gave myself what I wanted. I’m not going to feel guilty for that…but still, I probably shouldn’t do this every day. It’s just that I think it’s okay to answer to our emotional hunger once in a while. Of course, we should be listening to our physical hunger most of the time, but like they always say, everything in moderation. I think that as long as there is some sort of a balance between eating for emotional and physical hunger, it’s quite alright. At least that’s my opinion.
- I have been having a new downward phase (again…sigh) since last Saturday. I felt terrible, swollen and bloated but they seem to be getting a little better; at least I can feel my jawline now. There is still a bit of swelling left around my face but hey, I know it’s healing, so I’m going to let it take its time and I’m just going to have to be patient and deal with it.
- Despite these annoying symptoms, I have not been irrationally bullying my body nor my mind, so that’s a progress compared to where I was months ago. I don’t feel depressed either, and also have not been ditching my commitments, which I am quite proud of, although that’s probably something normal that anybody should be doing anyway. But whatever. Some days I don’t want to go in to work, but I know I’ll always feel better once I’m there. I like this job, so far. Keeping fingers crossed it will stay that way.
- Okay, now the candies are starting to nauseate me a bit, but not in a horrendous way. It’s okay. I think I’m going to get myself a cup of peppermint tea.
- Oh, and I ate a veggie sandwich with cheese for lunch today, along with a bowl of lentil soup. No soy cheese or any other vegan cheeses in Bangladesh, obviously. Now if I were more committed to being vegan and really strict on myself, I probably could do without dairy at all, but I wanted cheese and I ate it. Again, trying to have no guilt here. I’ll just do what’s right for me at the right times in the right amounts.
- Because I am missing Downton Abbey so much (gosh where the hell is Season 4), I’m trying to fill the void with other TV shows Namely:
Game of Thrones
Hart of Dixie
The Carrie Diaries
The Vampire Diaries
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (although I’m still stuck at episode 1)
Sex and the City…
All while keeping up with…
How I Met Your Mother,
The Big Bang Theory.
That’s all…I think. I sincerely do hope that is all. But I kind of want to watch Daria all over again too. I think I have a problem.
- Oh, and the good old Youtube, of course. Like The Lizzie Bennet Diaries. Here’s the latest episode:
- I guess there is no conclusion to this post (wait when did I ever have one anyway…) but here’s a thought I have in my mind right now – no matter what happens, there will always be a new day awaiting on the edge of the strike of 12. If you had a bad day, well that’s that, doesn’t mean tomorrow has to be one too. If you had a great one, let that inspire you. You go and make You happy.