Huge, huge fan of Mindy Kaling here. I won’t divulge into the 1001 reasons why she is absolutely fabulous and my favourite person at the moment, but I was just watching a video of her doing a one-on-one panel interview for Marie Claire magazine, and her answers to their “20 questions” kind of inspired me to do them myself. Some of these questions don’t really apply to me/aren’t so interesting if I answer them because I’m not a celebrity, but I went ahead anyway. So here it goes. [Here's the video if you're also a fan of hers and want to check it out]:
1. What brings you the greatest joy? TV shows.
2. What is your pet peeve? Close-mindedness.
3. What is the best advice you’ve been given? Breathe. If it hurts, feel it. Feeling your pain won’t destroy you. This too, shall pass.
4. What app can you not live without? Podcast/Audible.
5. What TV show can’t you miss? At the moment, Community. Really sad they’re discontinuing the show though. Six seasons and a movie, no more. #darkesttimeline
6. What movie had the greatest ending? A. I. Artificial Intelligence.
7. What is on your liquor shelf? Not an alcohol person, but I do have a pretty neat tea shelf.
8. What is your greatest indulgence? Collecting TV culture memorabilia.
9. What charities do you support? I’m going to use the get-out-of-jail-free card here by saying that I’m a student who currently has no job, but say that I support celebrating all cultures and backgrounds and treating them with respect. Individuality rules!
10. Who do you follow on Twitter? @mindykaling, of course, but some of my other favourite accounts are @vdoozer (Bill Lawrence), @robertmaschio, @zachbraff.
11. Who are your heroes? Marya Hornbacher.
12. What is your beauty secret? Wish I had one. Does yoga count?
13. What splurge is well worth it? Again, a student’s wallet we’re talking about here.
14. What is on your nightstand? Candle, hand lotion, lip balm, “The Fault In Our Stars” by John Green.
15. What is on your bookshelf? “One More Thing” by B. J. Novak.
16. What is your favourite food? Coconuts. Anything and everything to do with coconuts.
17. What makes you laugh? My brother. The one person I know in real life who cracks me up all the time.
18. What makes you cry? Texting Mum. Sometimes I start crying for no particular reason, when I’m talking to her.
19. What is on your feet? Flip flops. Because it’s Australia.
20. What was your favourite vacation? Kerala, India, March 2013. Hands down, the happiest days of my life so far.
Again, some of these questions were weird for a random student like me to answer, but overall, it was fun. You should do the list if you’re also into fun quizzes, or you’re like me and like being nosy about other people’s lives.